Monday, January 18, 2010

Intercooler decisions

Not sure why, but I can't ever seem to make a final decision on which intercooler to use on the 93. I've been browsing the various options, and no closer to a decision now than I was 5 years ago when I was just looking at performance upgrades, before the engine started to fail. Who knows, I may end up putting the stock back on for a while when the engine goes back in.

Front mount is tempting, but I looked at the space and what it was going to take to route piping from turbos to IC to intake. V-mount is tempting, just not sure I like how the radiator sits, plus I really don't want to have to consider a vented hood. Guess that leaves me with a stock mount, but then I have to try to sort through all the information on various stock mount intercoolers to decide which one to go with.

At least I've got a bit of time before I have to decide on an intercooler, since I still have a whole engine rebuild to finish first.

No comments: