Wednesday, February 17, 2010

M12 1.5 x70mm is harder to find that you'd think...

I thought I remembered autozone had a fair selection of metric hardware, so I stopped to try to find the bolts I needed to mount the engine to the stand I'm borrowing. Unfortunately they didn't have anything even close to what I needed.

Packed Riley up a little later in the weekend for a trip to Mclendon's, thinking a hardware store might have a better selection of metric bolts. I was able to find 2 m10 1.25 x70mm bolts, that will work for the upper mounts (where the power steering pump bracket bolts to the front housing). Still no bottom bolts. The person that helped at Mclendons suggested trying Tacoma Screw, but that Tacoma Screw is only open 7-5 m-f. Thankfully since daycare was closed for President's Day, I was working from home with Riley on Monday, and was able to run down and pick up the bolts before I started work for the day.

Monday evening, I sorted out a bracket solution that will work to mount a rotary to a generic engine stand, and got the engine mounted and off the hoist.

No comments: