Tuesday, February 23, 2010

last weekend's progress

The engine is nearly stripped to the short block. I managed to pull most of the vacuum hose rats nest off in one piece, as well as get the wiring loom off. I'm going to be going through the loom wire by wire before it goes back in - preventative on checking the wires, plus re-wrapping most of it. The protective wrapper of most of the loom is pretty crispy at this point. Not quite sure what the best option will be for re-wrapping. Does heat-shrink get brittle if exposed to continued heat?

I still have a few parts left that I can pull off - water pump, clutch, etc, but after that I'll be waiting on a bigger impact wrench to get the flywheel nut loose.

I can't believe how many places the block managed to leak either oil, water, fuel, or some horrible mix. I don't think it's a good sign that the exhaust ports of both rotors leaked a LOT of antifreeze.

No comments: